A-LEAGUE CBA REVIEW, 2010/2011
With effect from 4 August 2011, FFA and the PFA completed a review of the 5 year A-League Collective Bargaining Agreement 2008/09 – 2012/13 signed in May 2008.
The key points of the review are:
· some important changes to the A-League Player Payments (Salary Cap) rules;
· improved implementation of the CBA;
· commitment to the resolution of outstanding issues;
· improved contract security;
· improved player education, development and wellbeing programs;
· a reduction in foreign players from 5 per club in 2011/2012 to 4 in 2012/2013; and
· the revocation of FFA’s purported ban to prevent clubs and players from including transfer or buy-out clauses in their contracts.
The new player payments rules are summarised in the following table:
Min. Player Payments
Max. Player Payments
3rd Party (3P) Agreements
Home Grown Player
Total Allowed Payments
2,628,592 + 3P
Average Min. Player Payments
Average Max. Player Payments
Average Total Allowed Payments (exc 2 Marquee Players)
125,171 + 3P
The Minimum Remuneration for A-League Players is as follows (excluding superannuation and any match payments:
· players 21 years or above: $47,094.00; and
· players under 21: $38,020.00.
For links to the agreements:
The 8 lesson program teaches values to students that include respect, fair play, teamwork and leadership. Click here for more.